Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!
36 handpainted snowflakes on 3" x 3" bristol.




Watercolor Wednesday: In case you missed last week's Watercolor Wednesday pieces, here they are for a closer look. Like the week before, both are fairy tale
inspired. First up is Pinocchio & the talking cricket. I'd intended to do this less Disney-fied than it came out, but the costume & color palate was so ingrained in me, that I couldn't shed it for anything more original. The talking Cricket (named Jiminy for the Disney version) came as a bonus piece so the two formed a weighted diptych.

The second piece from last week are the three little pigs. It's no secret that I enjoy drawing talking animals, material textures, & working trades, so doing a take on these guys seemed a natural fit. After the Pinocchio painting I decided not to fight the Disney costumes for these three brothers.

Tomorrow I'll post a blizzard of paintings in my online store.

2013 Appearances: 
Emerald City: March 1-3
Fabletown Con: March 22-24
C2E2: April 26-28
Spectrum Live: May 17-19
Heroes Con: June 7-9
San Diego Comic Con: July 17-21

*more 2013 dates coming*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year. I also wanted to tell u that I received that rare first sketchbook u did. It was an Xmas gift from my girlfriend and it was incredible!!!!! -luis

Mayhem said...

There was an eBay auction for that first sketchbook very recently... I wonder if she got it from there Luis ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm just soooooo happy I have such a rare and amazing book from such a talented creator and it completed my collection:)

Blog Archive