Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Re-Run: Hellboy 20th Anniversary pinup

For the start of 2016 I need to put my Blog on hiatus. This is due to a combination of reasons: not having material I can currently share to post about, being behind on important projects & unable to dedicate the time to develop new posts, and some personal/life things going on with the health of my Mother.

I will return to regular posting with process, tutorials, insights, advice, behind the scenes, stuff from the vault, and more before summer or hopefully sooner.
In the meantime, over the course of the hiatus, I've decided that each week in place of a new post, I'd link back to one of my favorite posts over the past 9 years of me updating this blog. Think of it as a greatest hits re-run on something you may have missed in that time. (And you can visit past posts anytime using the Blog Index: http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/2013/12/blog-index.html)

This week:
I have been a fan of Hellboy since I first saw him on the cover of Previews when the first issue was solicited. His creator, Mike Mignola, has been the most influential on me as a comic artist and creator-owned storyteller. In 2014 when Hellboy was celebrating a 20th anniversary, I drew this pinup as a tribute (it was later included in the SDCC program that year)

Below is the link with more info, lots of close-up shots of the portraits on the wall, and how they connect to past Hellboy stories:

Full Hellboy with Annotation Post:
http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/2014/03/hellboys-20th-anniversary.html



1 comment:

Max West said...

Take whatever length of time you need, Dave. I understand what you're going through - working on your own series, expanding the universe and marketing yourself is NOT easy. It can be easy to get burned out. Believe me, it's happened to me too.

BTW, read the Baldwin the Brave volume and loved it!

Blog Archive