Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bastian, Fosgitt, Pride & Cook ink Petersen's Mouse Guard

When I was in Italy last year, I started drawing some Mouse Guard portraits on 6" x 6" bristol. Those were the pieces I have used for my speed-up coloring videos. But a few of them never got past the pencil stage. While hanging out with Bodie Troll creator Jay Fosgitt, Jay said he'd like to try inking something of mine. I happened to have a few of those unfinished penciled mouse portraits in my bag. I handed one to the other artists at the table thinking it would be fun to see how they handled inking in their style on my very loose pencils. Below are the results.









(who also wanted to color hers)


I also did one of my own (pencils and inks)
Partly as a compare and contrast, but also because all five of these pieces
 are going to be donated to the charity auction at the New York Comic Con this weekend!


2015 Appearances:
New York Comic Con Oct. 8-11
Art-Bubble Comics Festival: Copenhagen: Nov. 14-15
2016 Dates coming soon.

2 comments:

alxjhnsn said...

Fun stuff. I'm not the least surprised that Katie's paint kit came out.

Really interesting to see how differently they handled it than you do?

Best,

Alex

Mayhem said...

Excellent stuff! Part of me wishes I was there at NYCC to bid.

Currently playing "hunt the Baltimore Mouse Guard chaser prints", might have got them all finally...!

Blog Archive