Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Shameless Promotion post

Just wanted to update everyone about two upcoming events where I'll be giving talks and lectures.

The first up is later this week–– A Twitch stream lecture I'll be giving on my channel (https://www.twitch.tv/davidpetersen) titled: "Drawing Like Yourself" Thursday Sept. 19th at 9pm east.

It's a personal walk through my journey of understanding style, emulating artistic heroes, & trust falls into training. The talk itself will be about 45 minutes with a Q&A to follow. The broadcast will be archived on my Twitch channel if you can be there to watch it Thursday, but I hope you can to be part of the Q&A...where I often find we really get into the heart of a subject.


The second is The Fantastic Workshop. I'll be back as a guest instructor at the 5 day artists workshop where I'll be giving a big talk on 'Story and Worlds as Products'. That talk will address the IP management side of an artists images answering the question 'what can I do with this besides make a print'. I'll also be doing a smaller talk about Comic Storytelling and a hands-on & group participation architectural scratch-built reference model. There are still some slots open and a few days left to register: https://www.1fantasticweek.com/info

The full schedule, including talks by Tim Von Ruden about gaining an online audience, Vanessa Lemen painting as she discusses arts connection to life, Worldbuilding with Sean Andrew Murray, Sam Guay on personal mythology, and many more has been posted to let you know what will be happening at this year's workshop: https://www.1fantasticweek.com/schedule-2019




2019 Appearances
New York Comic Con October 3-6
Baltimore Comic Con October 18-20
The Fantastic Workshop Nov. 13-18

No comments:

Blog Archive