Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Stained Glass Re-Run

After creating this new piece to the left as a back cover to the later-to-be-released 2018 Mouse Guard Sketchbook, I wanted to run through several past blogposts about stained glass, my experience with it, and using it in art as a way to communicate world-building concepts.

Note, the piece on the left was inspired by an actual window available for sale at Materials Unlimited, the Antique Architectural Salvage place I worked at when I started Mouse Guard.
My Stained Glass Work 



A post about my working in stained glass making gifts for family members and how it influenced how I draw stained glass pieces:



A Mouse Glazier at work:
A process post about the box art for the Legends of the Guard Volumes 1-3 slipcase depicting a mouse creating a stained glass window originally set to go into Shorestone that never made it:



A Matriarch in Glass: 
A post of process about the inspiration window and final art for a 2015 sketchbook piece of the Matriarch Veyga:
A ink, pencil, and digital composite used for the 2013 Mouse Guard bookplate:



2018 Appearances:

Baltimore Comic Con: Sept. 28-30
New York Comic Con: Oct. 4-7





No comments:

Blog Archive